Tuesday, June 28, 2011

DIY Weekend, Pt2

So, part two of the DIY extravaganza was so amazingly simple! And since this is a momma blog, I can tell you that you can do this and multitask like I did.  Pumped my bewbs and crafted. If you ask me, it takes me up a few pegs on the "crafty" wall of fame.  Just sayin'.

I found the project here.

My sis and I went to Michael's and found that canvas was BOGO! Bonus!  So we got two 24x36in canvas, some sponge brushes, two bottles of paint each and skipped out of the painting section (seriously, we did not belong there. at all.) 

When we got home, we grabbed three different sizes of painters tape and went to town taping off sections of our canvas.  In the directions to this DIY project, they use two colors.  We didn't do this for two reasons.  1) it was our first time and we weren't sure if we should push our luck.  2) we had no idea what other colors would match our respective bedrooms.

We both love how they turned out!  If your paint bleeds under the tape a bit like ours did, my sister, in a genius move, decided to put some nail polish remover on Q-Tip.  Outstanding!

Canvas: $20 (but BOGO, so $10 each!)
Paint: $0.59 each (x4)
Sponges: $0.99 for a package of 3.

Divide by 2 (one for sis, one for me)
This project cost a total of $10.85!




No comments:

Post a Comment