Monday, July 25, 2011

"You Smell Like Breakfast..."

yeah.  That's what my husband rolled over and said to me at 2:24 this morning.  Ever since I've been trying to get my milk back (which is going well!) I've been taking an herbal supplement called Fenugreek.  One of the side effects is making you smell like maple syrup.  and i do, all the time.  My arm pits, head, belly, boobs...syrup!

Last week in the heat wave I straight up smelled like a truck stop at breakfast. BO and Syrup.  I suppose that's better than just smelling like BO, right?

Anyways, If you have a low supply, Fenugreek is awesome.  I got it on Amazon for 6 bucks a bottle.  I got two since my super awesome lactation consultant told me that I needed to take 3 capsules 3x/day.  Also, Mothers Milk organic tea is super.  Since the weather started getting warmer I've been drinking this as an Iced tea. A packet of splenda makes it rather pleasant. I'm a fan and I recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. thanks! great to know that fenugreek works well with milk supply... i'm sure going to be needing that soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! That's so funny! But indeed there are worse things you could smell like. Who doesn't like syrup!

    ReplyDelete